Document Actions

You are here: Home Guideline for going … Financial Aid Auslands-BAFöG (BAFöG abroad)

Auslands-BAFöG (BAFöG abroad)

Within the EU member states and Switzerland, there is the possibility to apply for Auslands-BAFöG regarding an internship, a part or even your entire studies. If you are planning on doing an internship or studying outside of the EU and Switzerland, you have to be registered enrolled at a German university for at least one year before your application and the BAFöG will usually not be granted for stays that are exceeding one year.
Please note that if you have already been granted BAFöG for your studies in Germany, you cannot take it abroad with you. Instead, you need to apply separately for your BAFöG abroad. After your return to Germany, you will have to apply for the national BAFöG again.